Welcome to the INCF National Node of France
1st French Neuroinformatics workshop, 17th June 2014, Paris.
Neuroinformatics combines neuroscience and informatics research to develop and apply advanced tools and approaches essential for a major advancement in understanding the structure and function of the brain.
The International Neuroinformatics Coordinating Facility (INCF) is a professional organization devoted to advancing the field of neuroinformatics. One of its aims is to develop an international neuroinformatics infrastructure, which promotes the sharing of data and computing resources to the international research community. A larger objective of the INCF is to help develop scalable, portable, and extensible applications that can be used by neuroscience laboratories worldwide.
The principal objective of the French National Node of the INCF is to facilitate interactions between neuroinformatics researchers within France, and to act as a link between global INCF activities and local scientists, in collaboration with other actors working in neuroinformatics and computational neuroscience, such as the NeuroComp organization, the Société des Neurosciences, the JIRFNI neuroimaging training consortium, etc.
A number of more specific activities are planned, including:
- Development of a web portal with a news feed, a directory of neuroinformatics-related research in France, a directory of funding organisations and other scientific structures that are or could be involved in neuroinformatics, and a jobs board.
- Organisation of a workshop or series of "think-tank" workshops at which French research groups can present their activities, and brainstorm about possible collaborations, activities and structures.
- Coordination of collaborative projects in Neuroinformatics.
- Development of database platforms adapted for the fields of systems neuroscience and neuroimaging, with tools to help individual labs develop and sustain their own databases.
The French National Node operates under the authority of the French National Alliance for Life and Health Sciences (ITMO Neurosciences), and is based at UNIC, on the CNRS Life-Sciences Campus of Gif-sur-Yvette.
- Dr/Prof. Yves Frégnac
UNIC (Unité de Neuroscience, Information et Complexité)
UPR CNRS 3293
1, avenue de la Terrasse
91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
- Deputy coordinator
- Dr Jean-Baptiste Poline
Bâtiment 145- Point Courrier 156
91191 Gif sur Yvette
- Neuroscience databases and webmaster
- Dr Andrew Davison